Sunday, December 28, 2008

Too Bright to See, Too Loud to Hear

Hello there, Blue Powerblogger here!


So my Christmas was basically awesome. I went to the mountains with my family and got to see my favorite people in the whole world, my cousins Rachel, Rebekah, and Matt. On day one, we went to a christmas tree farm where we chopped down our own christmas tree and then we returned to the cabin to decorate it. It was a cute little tree, less than six feet tall and four feet wide. It must have been a little heavier on one side though because while I was hanging ornaments on it, it fell over on top of me! We had to tie it to the wall. On day two we had "Polar Express Day", a day on which my cousins and I set up chairs to resemble the seats on a train and we watch The Polar Express while sipping hot chocolate. Day three was spent planning the "Third Annual Blairsville Cousins Christmas Pageant", a little performance we put on for our parents and grandparents. And day five was Christmas Eve. We made foam ornaments and door hangers and had our cousin gift exchange. 

So this brings us to Christmas morning. I had really wanted an ipod for Christmas because I have never had one, so I was looking forward to receiving one. I also asked for guitar hero world tour, because I am obsessed with that game. On Christmas morning, I woke up at 9:05 (the latest I've ever woken up for Christmas!) and went to open gifts. I got a couple of shirts, a pair of pants, a dress, and a picture for my room. Its not that I was ungrateful, but I guess I was just expecting more. My parents then told my sister and me to look at the tree. There was an ornament on the tree with a "to/from" label on it. Behind the ornament was a piece of twine. I started pulling on the twine and followed it to the floor, under a table, and out the window. It led to a box with a green tablecloth over it. beneath the cloth was guitar hero and the ipod! I almost started crying out of pure happiness. It was probably the best reaction to a gift I've ever had.

We left on saturday night, and I listened to Underoath for the entire seven hour drive home, of course. I didn't get back into town until two o' clock in the morning, and I had to wake up at nine for church. So it was basically a long night. And that brings an end to my Christmas shenanigans. 

Oh, and listen to "Too Bright to See, Too Loud to Hear". Its my new favorite song off of "Lost in the Sound of Separation". 

Until next week,
-Caroline 

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html