Sunday, May 10, 2009

Assistant to the Regional Manager

Hello there, Blue Powerblogger here! And I DID NOT FORGET my post last weekend!My grandpa passed away so I had bigger things on my mind...hmph!



So I went to a funeral this weekend and had to miss two days of school. Basically, I was only at school for one day last week. Except I did go to Mrs. Ewart's class after my calc exam on Wednesday and I got extra-extra credit since I was there for one and a half hours! It still won't bring up my B though... ): Monday I took my AP french exam and I can honestly say that I think I got a one on it...our teacher is so terrible that I think I knew more french at the end of last year than I do now! Thursday I left to go to my grandpa's funeral which was out of town so that caused me to miss two days of school. I started stressing out and having a panic attack because I haven't missed an entire day of school in a year and a half and I have two major exams this week, plus all of the emotional stress the tragedy had on me. It was pretty awful, but I got to spend the weekend with my cousins whom I love dearly and they made things better :)

AND I got The Devil Wears Prada's new cd, "With Roots Above and Branches Below" on Tuesday!!! It's AMAZINGGGGGGG!!!!! The lyrics are the best part, after Jeremy Depoyster's voice, of course. Here's a sampling-

"Well it can't much longer now
We can face this.
Fight life with life

All glory to the one in existence.
Bring upon your name, your grace, your every thing

Hold hands and stare into the circle
What are we looking at? "
-Assistant to the Regional Manager by TDWP

It's just so different than other, more "mainstream" music because the lyrics are deeper than "I love this boy and he loves me". It reaches a spiritual and emotional level that can really be life changing if you take a minute to listen. That's why I love The Devil Wears Prada. 

So that's really all I have for today. This week I have two exam-Chem and Lang. Chem will probably kill me but Lang will be easy. Good luck to everyone else on their exams! And this weekend I have my voice recital! This will be the first time that anyone will hear any of my songs completely out of the studio! 

AND HEY ERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until next week,
-Caroline

2 comments:

KoreanKid777 said...

Oh, I'm sorry about that. =( *guilt*

Unknown said...

wow your weekend sounds a lot like mine, i had a funeral on saturday too, so depressing :(
except i missed the entire week, not a single day of school :)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html