Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Music, My Hectic Weeks

Yo.
I didn't tell you guys about my AP week because I thought I would bore you with my complaints like Megan did to us (I'm kidding, don't kill me!). But I decided as of this moment to tell you guys about it anyway. You see, I was torn between telling you guys about what music I listen to and my AP week. So in a big flash of brilliance I thought, "Why not combine the two?" I know. I'm a genius.
Don't deny it.

My AP weeks were all about time & confusion. There was not enough time and too much confusion. I didn't know much of anything and to make it worse, some of my teachers were pelting me with last minute assignments. I felt like I was being run over by an avalanche of papers. But with my friends by my side, nothing could go wrong right? Well... We accomplished a lot by asking a couple of Pizza Huts, some random numbers, and a lawyer's office for help on chemistry. In other words, we prank called them. We asked a bunch of Pizza Huts if either
a) They knew where we could find the nearest Papa John's.
b) They could help on our chemistry exam.
The ironic thing was, they actually helped us on both. Though for the chemistry, we were laughing too hard to get any answers or ask any questions.
In my moments of reclusion, I often took breaks between my self-study sessions. I don't seem to motivate myself very well. I tried to get my friends to study on Sundays but one of my friends is Mormon so we couldn't. Talk about a day late friend. About my Mormon friend, he has a car with an awesome stereo system. His brother installed a bunch of speakers that rocked the car with boomin' vibrations. All that was missing were bouncing oversized wheels. Speaking of cars, after my AP Lang exam, I had to get a ride from Ryan and his ghetto jeep. I have to tell you, I will never risk my life like that ever again just to get a ride home. Ryan has a stick shift jeep that is liable to die on you at any time. My friends told my horrifying stories of his car dying on an uphill. The trip actually went well. The car responded when he turned on the ignition (Thank God), he managed to drive very well, and the rickety jeep didn't die on the uphill.
Back to the AP's. The end of the week was so aluring. How I wished to break free of this curse of studying and studying and studying. It rotted me from the inside out and you could see it too. I was 923145014 times more exhausted than usual, I was emotionally demoralized, and my tennis was crying in pain as I tossed it in the "To be ignored til later" section of my mind. My mind was a slave to AP's as I wrote more than 1000 words on paper after paper. "Must keep going... Must keep studying.... Must maintain conciousness..."

Gah, you know what? I'm done. This is harder than it looks, trying to somehow put each song title in the context of my AP weeks. I'm taking the easy way out. I'm just going to leave it at that and that's that, alright? Are you good? I thought so.

-June

Random Statement: This blog's 1 year anniversary is May 25! Yay!

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html