Sunday, May 31, 2009

Retrospect

Hello there, blue powerblogger here!


So I am now officially a senior! As I look back upon my days as a junior, I realize that this year was probably the best year of my life (so far). I not only worked hard, but I had a lot of fun at the same time. I started many new traditions, made many new friends, and achieved many new goals.

This year was the "hardest" as far as school goes. At least that's the warning everyone gave me last year as I approached becoming a junior. I had a lot of tough classes lined up-Calculus, AP Chem, and AP french among them. Upperclassmen told me that I would have no social life and that I would be swamped with work. Looking back now, though, this year really wasn't that difficult. AP Chemistry was my only constantly hard class. The rest were fairly easy in retrospect. It's really prepared me for senior year and college, so now I'm not as worried about next year and the ones to follow. I know that if I can survive a year of AP Chem, I can get through any class! So I'm not concerned about the year to come; I know that I can get through it and still have a life.

I am probably the most pleased with my friendships looking back on junior year. I used to hang out with a certain group of people that, though I love them dearly, I never quite fit in with. I was always the fourth wheel, and I felt like the odd-one-out. This year, I began to hang out with a sophomore group at school. It began with a special friendship with Justin, a soph that I met over the summer. I would go and talk to him and his friends, as well as the other sophs I knew from church during lunch everyday. Then, I met Karson through church, and we instantly became best friends. Justin and I grew to become best friends as well. I started eating lunch with them everyday, and I really felt included. I've met many amazing people in that group, including Megan, Jeffrey, Colten, Becky, and Andrew, just to name a few. They are all such wonderful people, and I love them so much, and it saddens me that I am a year older than they because I will really miss them when I graduate. But I definitely have the best friends in the entire universe!

Starting in January, I made some exciting leaps in terms of my musical career. I'm sure most of you know the story, but in short I met an awesome kid named Timmy who, along with his band and my voice teacher, has allowed me to really live out my dreams in terms of becoming a singer. I love all the kids in the band; they are so kind and funny and, most important of all, accepting. I feel like music is really something that God wants me to do and they support me. I hope they all know how talented and amazing they are, and how fortunate I am to work with them. Timmy has become one of my closest friends, which I feel is important from a business standpoint. We hope to go far together with our music, so our friendship has to be strong and understanding. And now we have an EP deal together! I am so anxious and exhilarated to see where our music takes us, and so glad that I've found so much positive feedback this year.

I've started some neat traditions this year, as well. I love making new memories, and these times were the best: thursday bible study at lunch, CAROCAKES!, ultimate frisbee at tekesta, picnics at lake monkey business, thursday band practices with timmy (and brownies/cupcakes/cookies!), Unclaimed shows, Wednesdays at Calvary, Sundays at K-Meth, movie nights, target with Catherine (which we need to do MORE!) and I know there are others in addition! I loved these moments and the people I spent them with :)

I can only hope that next year is as epic as this year was. A few of my goals are to get all A's, maintain my friendships with the people I love, grow closer to God, make a name for myself in music with Timmy, get a boyfriend!, and have a heck of a lot of fun! For now, though, I am looking forward to summertime!!!!!

So until next week,
-Caroline

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html