Thursday, May 14, 2009

Raining On My Parade (Or Something Like That)

So I'm trying to type this email from the confines of a small silver sedan inching across the interstate system on a weak internet connection. Bear with with me.


Why am I in a car on a laptop typing? Funny you should ask- I'm going to see my mother graduate medical school. This weekend is surely to be one of epic proportions.
First of all, I get to see my godmother and her two daughters- my closest thing to relatives in France (my aunt and grandfather are.. well, distant). They are incredibly fun, good humored, and above all, french. Thank goodness.
I also get to see my aunt (on my father's side this time) whom it is always a pleasure to see. She is definitely one of my favorite people. Like top three, at least. Like yeah. Like. Like. Like. What am I, a middle school-aged girl?
To add to the excitement, my mother's two best friends are coming and bringing their families (though one friend already lives next door- it's her mother that's also coming all the way over from France). Craziness.
So what does a group of 15 do? Well, we picnic, go bowling, eat, go to a graduation ceremony, eat, and then say goodbye after three days of intense love and fun. And oh yeah, eat some more. Can you tell that the french are very food oriented? 

So we have a little more than 5 hours left to drive and I'm not sure if we're going to make it. 

Stupid rain.
- Jonathan

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html