Saturday, August 2, 2008

Adventures In SAT Tutoring

Sup guys (i said sup. im so cool). Green power blogger here with Saturday's post. If you love this blog and you haven't joined the facebook group, GO JOIN NOW! (strangers welcome) Nothing interesting happened to me this week and I don't have much to talk about. So let's explore the world of SAT tutoring. Yay!!!!!

It's my first day of SAT tutoring and I'm very annoyed that I have to resort to $1000 tutoring. But my mom paid for it so I really had no choice. So I walk through the doors and there's a very bored looking security guard. He looks at me really surprised and asks me,
"How did you get through the door?"
Me: "I pushed."
"But I locked it."
Me: *shrug*
So he walks over to the door and locks it. Yeah, that will definitely let the other students in. I walk towards the classroom and everything about the room is plain, white and boring. Even worse, there were no boys present in the room. Five other girls were in the class and I was the only guy. So I sit down and immediately the mood was.... well think of it as trying to stick two same ends of a magnet together. They repel. It was like everyone was claustrophobic. So I say hi to strike up a conversation and it works! That's when I learn everyone is a senior except me. So I'm the only guy in the class AND I'm the youngest. And now that I got the mood lighter, I'm in a room full of giggling senior girls.
Interrupting Note: Stop thinking I'm a player.

Finally the teacher comes in and to my relief, he's a guy. So we go around and say our intros and then we start. Two of the girls are from a private school, one is home schooled, and the other two are from rival tennis schools. We start with the math section and I'm breezing through the whole session without even trying. It turns out that we're doing math the whole day and so I'm stuck doing extremely easy problems and three hours slip by in an instant. I feel a bit bad because I know most of the problems and I'm sort of showing it off to those who don't.

The session finally ends and we go home with two new ginormous SAT practice books. As I walk towards the door, the security guard is having a fit. It turns out that my dad walked in through the doors as someone was going out (doors are locked outside but can be opened from the inside). The guard was saying,
"No no no. You can't do that. Only I can open the doors."
My dad is barely holding back a laugh as he's trying to understand why nobody but the security guard can allow people to pass.
"No no no. That's final. You can't go through the doors unless I allow it."
Is his job really that boring? And so we finally get through the protective guard and his doors and I'm home free.

More on the security guard:
1. He made all the parents wait in the rain till the session was over.
2. He won't let you go out for some air. If you do, he won't let you back in.
3. The chain full of keys is like his life.
4. Half the time, he's not even in his station. Nice guarding.

So that's all I have for this very boring week. So stay tuned for the blue power blogger's post because she's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
A friend of mine told me to do this post on whether I preferred red or pink dresses. Yeah right.

-June

4 comments:

Viv said...

Red dresses, definitely.

Anonymous said...

Where's your class? Cause I just finished one that sounded extremely similar to that (except for the security guard) like the money, the books, the totally easy math that you show off with. Like everything. Haha cool!

KoreanKid777 said...

its near the main library... i dont remember what the building was called though >.<

Anonymous said...

June, you are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious just for being able to spell it!

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html