Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Weekend of School!

Hello peoples. Today is the first weekend of school! Yay!!!!! Today I was slightly getting worried because my power was out for 15 hours and I couldn't get on my computer to type my post. But here I am. Now for you slow people, this week's theme is school. Onwards to the school theme:

So it's the first day and I'm not looking forward to it because I have 5 AP classes and none of them seemed easy based on what last year's seniors and juniors told me. I rushed my summer homework the day before school and I'm dead tired. Curse my procrastination!!! Anyway, I go through homeroom and all my other classes and I'm thinking,
"Hey this isn't so bad. I think I will actually live through this year."
As those thoughts drift through my head, I instantly fall asleep... on the first day. I don't TRY to sleep. In fact, I try to stay awake. It just feels like a heavy blanket is suffocating my awakeness to nothing. So in the first 3 days, I'm asleep. (Kejing took one of my ideas about the bus incident so I won't bother to tell you about it)

On Thursday, the whole school received news that tropical storm Fay (Seriously. What the heck is up with FAY?!?! I would never name my child Fay... It's just ridiculous) was coming and all schools would be closing. After hearing the wonderful news, the heavy blanket of sleep was gone and the wonderful joy of "no school tomorrow" dominated my mind. And so I was cheerfully (and somewhat unusually) awake on the last day. You think the day would end on a good note right? In a way it did.

A friend named Vanessa wanted me to go with her to the band room to pick up her instrument. She used the,"You never do anything for me!" argument so I reluctantly agreed to go with her. I quit orchestra so I was expecting a somewhat cold welcome. We enter the band room and Katelyn spots me. I was going to say hi when she suddenly asks,
Katelyn: "What is he doing here?!"
Me: "Well hello to you too."
Katelyn: "What is he doing here?!" (Repetitive aren't we?)
Vanessa: "He's with me to pick up my violin."
Katelyn: "He's a traitor!"
Me: "Right..."
Katelyn: "Traitor!" (Hits me in the stomach... I mean my abs)
Me: "Hey!" (Hits her back very lightly)
Then all of a sudden another guy named Andrew comes up behind me and grabs the collar of my shirt and asks,
Andrew: "Why aren't you in orchestra anymore?"
At this point I'm just annoyed that he's grabbing my shirt.
Me: "Let go." (in a very tired voice)
Andrew:
"Why aren't you in orchestra anymore?" (Jeez people. I'm not deaf. You don't have to repeat everything)

He finally lets go and they are finally done interrogating me. We're bored so we decide to have a contest to see whose backpack is heavier. I hold someone's backpack to compare the weight and Vanessa comes back to see me holding another person's books/backpack. She starts whining,
Vanessa: "June! You will hold her books but not mine? You never do anything for me!" (Another example of repetitiveness)
Me: "Will you stop that?"
Vanessa gives me this glare and I'm very tired of people nagging at me.
And that concludes the end of the last day of the first week of school.
Oh by the way, Katelyn expects me to help her teach people in first period orchestra (I don't have a first period) after that exceedingly warm welcome.

This last little random bit is a video that made me laugh. It's a prank call. Enjoy.

Well that's all I have for you bored and possibly procrastinating bunch of people. So join us tomorrow for the awesomely amazing post from the blue power blogger! (Who cares if I give her too much attention)

-June

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html