Sunday, August 10, 2008

"I Got a Song to Sing..."

Hello there, Blue Powerblogger here! And I'm wrapping up the music theme this week!

So to start of with, I love love love love love singing. Its something I am very passionate about. I have been singing since the second grade, and I have always considered it to be one of my talents. I sing in my church choir, worship band, and praise team. I take voice lessons. I sing at weddings. I sing for every holiday with my family. I sing in chemistry and engineering (much to June's and Daniel's dismay). I even sang for french dignitaries once.

But contrary to popular belief, I do not sing along with the radio or along with CD's. When I am in the car, I pop in my favorite CD, plug in my headphones, and tell everyone else not to disturb me. Then I just listen to the music. I memorize every little key change, every guitar lick, the melodies, the harmonies, every detail. When I find a song that I absolutely love, I set my ipod to repeat and listen to it over and over. Thats just a weird habit of mine, and I don't sing along until I have a song completely memorized.

So up until eighth grade year, I had my heart set on being a singer. I started voice lessons in sixth grade and discovered my love for performing. I even recorded a song on a christmas CD, and was all set to make a demo to send to Nashville when I started having second thoughts. I once read that only 5 percent of musicians actually made a profit from performing. I didn't want to be a deadbeat singer living in my car and playing at little gigs in hole-in-the-wall type places. I didn't want to be away from my family and be always on the move. Plus, singing requires almost no education. I mean, all you have to do is know how to read, basically. So that meant that the ten years I spent making straight "A's" was in vain. Thats when I decided to become an architect instead. But, as June always says, I can be a "singing-architect". I will always sing, even when I'm a successful architect, even when I'm a mom, even when I have no teeth and am confined to a hospital bed.

Something thats also unique about me as a singer is the fact that I write my own songs. Here are some lines from a few:

"And then, you left, the day we departed/I thought I'd be dead, but I was left broken hearted/and we'll never be apart, and I know we'll make a new start/but it hurt me just to hear you say those words/ Goodbye"

"Seems like/you don't even know who I truly am/inside/ I feel invisible, please understand/realize/I was there for you standing by your side/ its time/ that you heard the truth/so open up your eyes/ oh, now, what is your excuse/for all the pain that I've been through/for you"

"Are you there God/ do you hear my prayer/ are you there God/ in my deep despair/ are you there God/ when this broken heart/ is just about to fall apart/ Hold me tight tell me its alright/ let me believe what I can't see and/ take my hand, help me stand/ when everything around me's falling..."

"You'll never know me/ you'll never know the things that I've gone through/ you never helped me/ when all I did was reach my hands out to you/ you only hurt me/ spreading lies you knew were never true/ you'll never know me/ so please/ quit acting like you do"

So with that being said, here's a list of my favorite songs
-Hallelujah-Paramore
-Fall For You-Secondhand Serenade
-We Shine-Fee
-From the Inside Out-Hillsong
-Matthias Replaces Judas-Showbread
-You're Ever So Inviting-Underoath
-Because of You-Kelly Clarkson
-Life is a Highway AND Me and My Gang-Rascall Flatts
-Wasted-Carrie Underwood
-Hold On-Jonas Brothers
-Hurt-Christina Aguilera
-Defying Gravity-Wicked
-I Got it Bad-Leann Rimes

Okay, so that wraps up music week! I hope you enjoyed the theme, and stay tuned tomorrow for our new theme!!!

-Caroline

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html