Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our Little Natalie's Growing Up

Well, I wanted to write this post about Beck, but seeing how I’ve already mentioned him, I’ll move onto something else. But before I do, here’s a video for the song Little One that I saw right after writing that post that I loved.



Coincidentally, I found out about the person I'm going to talk about when I was flipping through pictures of Beck.



He’s directly to the left. Don't worry, he doesn't normally so closely resemble a satanic demon.

Many people left comments saying how much they loved Devendra Banhart, so I decided to look him up. That’s when I discovered that he’s dating Natalie Portman. For those who don’t know, I have an odd obsession with Natalie Portman that I think stems from my love for the movie Closer. I now knew I had to learn more about this guy.

Well, I just don’t know. A part of my likes some of his songs, a lot. But another part of me always thinks of this video when he comes to mind.

Wow, that is really good entertainment (except for the dogs, that was just disturbing). I think the drawn out pauses from the interviewer after Devendra’s replies says it all. As one viewer put it, the first bit sounds closest to a free-association session. I don’t know if Banhart’s kidding, but sadly I doubt he is. But it is interesting to think about Natalie living in a commune somewhere with Devendra’s posse ala Hansel in Zoolander.



What’s funny is that on all of his videos, about 70% of the comments are about Natalie Portman. This understandably seems to really piss off his “original” fans, but I think the rest of us are just going to ignore all ten of them.

I actually really like posting about music, so I might start doing it more often (after the themes of course).

I’d also like to mention in no relation to my post that as of now, The Dark Knight is still #1 on IMDB, which I think is pretty cool.

-Viv

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html