Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Shouldn't Be This Tired Already

I just realized at 11:35 that it was my day and that I’d have to post something. So it’s not going to be good, just a heads up. Another contributing factor to the awfulness of this post will be the fact that I’m incredibly tired, an unfortunate side effect of school.

So, this school business, I’m not a big fan. My summer was actually going pretty well until it was abruptly cut short by nuisance of education. It seems that every year I’m confused by the concept of school more and more. If someone could just provide me with a few textbooks and maybe an online lab I really feel I could do a much better job of teaching myself.

The first day was awful. For some reason I felt like I was wandering around in a hazy, dreary cloud the whole time. I was most displeased with my classes, and after comparing schedules with Megan and realizing I’d probably never see her again, I decided that this year I wasn’t going to care about school. I’d aim for the same grades, but alas, my heart would not be in it. This place would be an inconvenience and nothing more.

Going back the second day with my hopes dragging on the floor behind me, and with much less enthusiasm than before, I began to realize this wasn’t so bad. I’ve started to already fall into a rhythm with my classes. My workload seems like it’s going to be lighter than expected and most of my classes seem pretty laid back. Not to mention I can go off campus (legally too!). When I really start to think about it, being back doesn’t seem that bad at all, in fact I’m starting to enjoy it. It may not be as exciting as say, summer, but I suppose that just gives me something to look forward to.

And I’m not going to proofread this, I’m sorry. Not now. I just don’t have it in me.

-Viv

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html