Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dear Bo Burnham,

You know, when you were little, you wrote letters to Santa Claus, asking from presents? Well, if I had to write a new letter today, I think I'd address my letter to Hamilton, Massachusetts. Why? Because my mythical Father Christmas is Bo Burnham. Who you ask? Well, I'll let it slide without hitting you for having to ask this time, but don't let it happen again. Bo Burnham is the Alpha and Omega of comedy music. Oh- you like Weird Al Yankovic? Well, you'll obsess over this guy.

Let me explain- Bo Burnham is hilarious. No.. that is the understatement of the century. Bo Burnham is.. he's George Carlin mixed with Weird Al but then only 18 years old. Yeah.. practically our age! HE'S AWESOME. PERIOD.


Since a picture is worth 1,000 words, imagine what a video can do! So perhaps instead of practically selling him to you, I should show you a few of his songs so that you may love him too.
This song is about Helen Keller. This song is a tinsy tiny bit profane. This song will have you rolling around laughing on the floor. Enjoy.

MY PERFECT WOMAN




Hilarious, no? Of course it is (and if you say otherwise..!)! Here, continuing in the theme of love, here's another.

A LOVE BALLAD




The next song is the first I ever saw of him- and he had me hooked! Trust me, this song will make you laugh.

My Whole Family Thinks I'm Gay




If you'll notice, part of his talent is his acting, not just singing/composing. If you look at the drama and show he puts on during each video, you can so easily connect to him and it just adds another dimension to his talent.


THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS ARE FAR MORE CONTROVERSIAL AND NOT SUITABLE FOR THOSE WHO ARE EASILY OFFENDED. There- that's all the disclaimer you're gonna get for the next three videos. They are awful. Jaw-dropping, pants-pissing, side-stitching, horrendously funny. My condolences if you were offended- remember that he doesn't actually believe a word of what he's about to say and that you were warned. You may proceed.

The first of three is..

Klan Cookout (Racist tones with some crude imagery in some places)



Second of three is..

New Math (mostly sexual overtones towards the end)



Finally,third of three is.. (The best for last)

Rehab Center for Fictional Characters (profanity and sexual overtones)





Well, I certain hope you enjoy Bo Burnham as much as I have. If not, something's wrong with you, but that's okay- I'll still speak to you.. some. :)

- Jonathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think. . . New Math is my favorite. I think. . . :)

Unknown said...

haha you sent me the gay one WEEKS ago! you didn't tell me he had other videos though!!

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html