Friday, August 22, 2008

This Will Be Our Year

Monday: The worst part of the day was finding out that I shared absolutely no classes with my best friend. I don't know what some people's problems are, but it's stupid when a corner of preps start laughing at you. There is a ridiculous number of boys in Physics. In Chem, we had to get a bunch of stuff, and by the time Ryan got back, he slammed down a set of heart-shaped Post-it notes and said, "I got the heart ones!" We weren't supposed to get them. Then, as he put them back, Mrs. Ewart thought Brendon was the one who stole them. I said, "Ryan, I am buying you heart-shaped Post-it notes." In Spanish, there was a Taiwanese girl from Leon, so the teacher asked us if we knew each other. Um. No. Then, we had to share four truths and one lie in Spanish. The kind girl told us she didn't like cheese, so I warned her not to tell Mrs. Priddy because there is a stereotype that Asians don't like cheese. Mrs. Priddy told us to share our lies. After listening to Jenny's, she said, "Isn't there something about Asians... that they don't like cheese??" ... June and I waited for a bit until we finally got onto the bus. He sat next to me. The bus driver said, "Young ladies and young men may not sit next to each other." Um. Okay?
Tuesday: I drove to school with my mother in the passenger seat. I told her about how Ryan had to leave at about 6:30am every morning because of his bus. She felt sorry for him.
Wednesday: In Chem, Ryan said he was not going to change his name when he got married. I voiced a question to him. "o.o What do gay people do?" Do they put their names together alphabetically, as William mentioned, with a dash in the middle, or do they choose the best last name, or do they just not worry about it? This is unrelated, but Nirav is pretty amazing.
Thursday: This was a marvelous day. I had not-so-bad times in my classes, read more of the Bible than I ever had, I mean, I didn't like, fall asleep after a few lines! And we were very excited about the prospects of playing tennis later in the day because we wouldn't have to study for Friday. At lunch, Brendan(sorry, I really don't remember how spell his name) and I were looking at our Chem books when Dr. Callen came up to us and asked, "Is this a study group?" I said, "No, we're in the same chem class." She noticed that we had our textbooks out and that Marshall was doing math homework. "Oh, I'm so proud! You guys are the ones who are going to be making 70 million dollars a year, not like the other ones... talking about MTV..." Not much later, Freed came up to Jerrod and me and put his fingers on our backs at the same time. I tried to move away, so he said, "It's just me! :)"
Friday: For those of you who do not live around here, we have no school because of the tropical storm, Fay. So it's basically the best day of the week for many of us, who no longer have that Octavian quiz, or history quiz that is really more like a chapter test today. "Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 08/22/2008." Awesome awesome awesome.
Have a happy Fay day!
-Kejing

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

How could they pick such a lame name like "fay"? They could've figured out something better...

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html