Friday, October 10, 2008

Hmmm.

If there ever was a test that left me with tears pushing to come out before I noticed them and Sonal pointed them out... it was this one. I didn't cry, but I still felt... incompetent? Near death? In an awful math test daze?

Throughout the day, people complained as usual, but William seemed not to have a care in the world, and Jack said it was raped him, but it was still do-able. I was and am very happy for William.

So of course, sitting down and feeling my heart beating when it really shouldn't because calmness would be beneficial, I got my page. Along came another one.

Work, work, work.
dy/dx equals yadayadayada.

It wasn't that bad.
The questions were straightforward and didn't really require genius thinking.
I was nervous, and messed up but corrected some silly mistakes as I went along the second ninth problems.
Later into the test, there was plenty of time to finish everything up.
I hoped I could do it.

That hope was shot down at the last problem. A problem that people could actually do. Yeah, well, I couldn't.

I had enough time to glance over my work, but there was no work over which to glance for the last tenth of the test.

Later, the friend- the best by far throughout my freshman year- talked to two of her teachers. We tried to console her somehow, and the afternoon basically dropped to an even lower point of emotion. It is no fun to see such a good friend in despair.

Joseph and I had a happy, sunny chat that summarily resulted in acknowledgment of our failures, and how ridiculously smart some of our best friends are.

What a glorious day...

-Kejing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everyone I talked to didn't know how to do the last one either. You're not alone Kejing!! :)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html