Tuesday, October 7, 2008

to the best cat ever

I am writing my post on Sunday, October 5, 2008 even though I post on Tuesdays.

Today, when I got home my parents told me that they had some bad news. But what they told me was completely unexpected. Someone came to our front door today after hitting my cat, Pepper, with his car.

I've pretty much been crying since I found out.

What I am feeling is a mixture of sadness and anger. I am so desperately lost because he was the best cat ever. I talked to him all the time and we hung out and we used to watch movies together, but not anything scary because he would get afraid. He would run from the end of the driveway up to the front porch with me when I was getting back from running around the neighborhood. He had a piece missing from his ear and his eye was always a little funny looking because he would get in a lot of fights defending our property. He pretty much always lost though because he wasn't a fighter, he was the sweetest cat ever. I am broken now that hes gone. Don't know if that makes sense but thats how it feels.

I am also so mad. The guy who hit my cat was looking at houses while driving and probably speeding. My parents think it's just great that he came to the front door because so few people would these days but I still think hes horrible because he killed Pepper.

I also didn't get to say goodbye. I can't believe I didn't get to say goodbye. Almost everyone who has been at our house recently had a time in the last day or so where they just sat down and talked to Pepper. He was my cat. I wanted to have that more than anyone else. I hate it even more because of it because it wasn't his time and it's not even like he was sick so people could say that at least hes not suffering now. So no you can't make me feel better. It's not fair. He's my cat. He's my pet. He's the best friend anyone could ask for. I feel like yelling because I can't stand thinking about the fact that I will NEVER get to say goodbye.

He got killed running across the road. It makes me want to quit running, but then how could I run away from this feeling.


So Pepper,

I'm so sorry for not being a better owner. And I'm so sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye. You are the best cat ever and no other cat will ever take your place. Ross wants me to tell you that you were the best cat ever. I don't have the words, but you mean so much to me. You deserve to be in cat heaven if there is one like in that book I read when I was a kid. I'd give anything to have you back. I love you so much.

-Lacey

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html