Monday, October 13, 2008

UNLESS

I noticed Ryan put his top fifty played songs on itunes on his blog (link in title). Even though I couldn't read most of it, I thought that was pretty awesome. I've been trying to download lots of new music to prepare me for when I get my Zune next month. So if you have any suggestions let me know (only clean stuff please).

So yeah. What to talk about?


This weekend I read a collection of Dr. Seuss books,
Six by Seuss. We've had it ever since I was kid. I remember reading it over and over again. My favorite as a kid was And to Think I Saw it on Mulberry Street. It was the first book that was published. Did you know that? (...Carpenter) I liked it because I felt it was humorous. Re-reading it brought back some great memories.

The one I did not like, however, as a kid was
The Lorax. That was always Candace's favorite. She used to read it aloud. When she didn't have the book she would recite parts she had memorized. I HATED it. But this time around I find I really like that story.

I assume everyone knows the story but here's a quick recap. Basically a "once-ler" comes and starts cutting down trees in this forest. The Lorax ( a creature who "speaks for the trees") asks him to stop and the once-ler sends him away. The once-ler creates this factory and begins taking away from the forest. Soon all the animals have to leave. When the last tree is cut down the Lorax finally goes, leaving only a stump that says UNLESS.

The once-ler has been telling
this tale to a little boy. He tells the boy that he has never understood what the stump meant. But now he knew. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
I've thought about this. Unless. I believe that every generation is the one who believes they'll change the world. Well, they haven't seen us in action yet. It's our chance to make a change. We'll do it, guys. We'll save the world. :)

-
Brianna

PS Hello to our friends in India!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Since you're the grammar maniac, I found two mistakes....sorry I just got totally bugged when i read it and was like that doesn't sound right. NOOO. OK:

This weekend I read a collection of Dr. Seuss books, Six by Seuss. We've had ever since I was kid.

and

It our chance to make a change.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html