Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sleeping And A Very Guilty Apology

First off, I want to say I am very humbly and most deeply sorry towards a specific person who may or may not read this blog. I was a total insensitive jerk and I want to, again repeat, say that I am most humbly and most deeply sorry. Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry and sorry.... Sorry... One more time: Sorry. =( .... Last time seriously this time: Sorry.

I always fall asleep in class. It's mostly because I'm overburdened with homework or I'm at a snail-paced work speed. I just can't help it. My body functions to catch up on the hours of sleep I lost and there's nothing I can do to keep awake. I hate coffee, Coke is inappropriate for mornings and I don't feel like wasting a $1.50 every single time I come to school, I don't fully wake up when people try to wake me up, Rock Stars and Red Bulls will make me crash into a coma, and caffeine pills are for drug addicts. I'd rather go to sleep than overdose on drinks that mindless corporate businessmen consume in order to damage our economy. And then they try to repay all that money they spent on coffee by passing a bill.... Where am I going with this? Your and my thoughts exactly =O.

The art of sleeping is not difficult to master. People always tell me how I sleep so much and act like they've never fell asleep in class before. Well it is very simple: Close your eyes, your mind, and your awareness and voila! You're asleep. This is especially handy in school prep rallies.
If this doesn't work, then here is my visualization before I fall to sleep. Once you close your eyes, imagine a conversation with someone or imagine a band that is playing your favorite song. As you are drifting, the talking and the music should be more distinct almost to the point where you feel like they are talking/playing next to you. Listen to the "sounds" for a while and you should be on your way to Graceland (Elvis reference. I'm so retro).

One last thing I want to mention is that I don't TRY to sleep. It's that I've slept so much that it has become very natural for me. For example, I nearly fell asleep STANDING UP (I caught myself before I fell). Do you think I want to inflict injury on myself by trying to fall asleep standing up? NO! I'm personally not proud of my ability to sleep and this is something I'm trying to fix. My body clock is currently set to sleep at 3 am and wake up at 7:30 am. I'm trying to "rewind" my body clock so hopefully I can be awake and actually have a personality other than being a seemingly apathetic, monotone Korean kid.

Well that's all I have to tell you non-sleepy people. Join us tomorrow for another non-platitudinous post from Lunette ^_^

-June

Random Question: If you have one eye, are you winking or blinking with that one eye?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to answer you're random question: my answer is you are blinking and winking at the same time.

Unknown said...

i think blinking, but if you do the motion with your face where you kinda turn it and are intending to wink, then its a wink. if you know what i'm trying to say. cause i don't know if i described that very well...

runiteking1 said...

It's definitely blinking...

Jonathan said...

Blwinking, obviously.
What as silly question.
NEXT!

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html