Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fancy Title

This is Ryan substituting for Lacey this Tuesday. I have been reading this blog from the beginning, so it is a real honor to be able to post the 232nd post. I sure hope this color is yellow. I changed the font before hand to yellow and I don't want to change it back but I can't read any of this.

Six days ago, the world lost Morgan Hooper. Even for those of us that didn't really know her, this has had an impact on our lives. I went to the same school as Morgan all twelve years since kindergarten but, since we only had a couple of classes together, with those being in elementary school, I just knew her name and that was it. A little over a year ago, I started attending Canopy Roads Baptist Church. Her enthusiasm for worship left an impressment on me and I can't think of anyone who could be considered friendlier than her. It was clear her personality was ridiculously awesome.

Morgan was 16 and took courses with many of us. I feel so horrible for her family and friends that they had to go through this when her life was still really just beginning. She wore a seatbelt and wasn't talking or texting on a cell phone before the accident. A lot of people do the opposite of those things I mentioned in the last sentence and never have trouble. Of all the people it could be, it was her. At least now we know she is in a better place.

I have noticed that most posts on here have a couple more paragraphs than I have written so far, so the rest of this is just a hodgepodge of random stuff that may or may not be interesting. Luckily for you, if you are still reading this, I think I am a very interesting person. I worked for years to try and be funny by being able to make my dad laugh. He is probably the funniest guy I know (and, as many people tell me, the scariest) and my role model. He could easily make anyone laugh, but it was hard for me to purposely since he was good at not laughing. I think that is where I got my self-control from; I have never lost a stare-at-each-other-until-someone-laughs contest and am good at keeping a straight face. Also, at the JCL induction party, we had a scavenger hunt thing and one of the quests was to make Baxter laugh. I think that moment was the symbol of my humor, that single event no one was there for.

This part of the year used to always be bad to me. Yet this time around I am happier than I have ever been. She may just be using me to write posts for her just before they are supposed to be up because she promised to be interesting the next week in her previous week's post (just kidding!). I don't care. I love Lacey.

-Ryan

P.S. I can guarantee that there will be an awe-inspiring spectacular post next week to make up for the times promised ones weren't made. Woo!

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html