Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Music Mission 2.0

A little while ago my computer was taken in to be repaired, and my music library was taken with it. I was okay with this, despite the many months the computer guy took "working" on my computer, because I knew I'd eventually get all of these songs back, and my library would be fully restored to its original glory. I specifically remember telling him that my music library was all I wanted, but that I most definitely wanted it. Just to clarify.

I got my computer back, I was told with my full library intact, but this was little but a sham. Yes, a few cd's had been recovered under the Itunes music folder. But the Shared folder, the Shared folder filled with hours, days, and weeks worth of sweat and dedication, of long hours spent in front of the computer downloading feverishly from Limewire, yes this folder which indeed contained a not so small piece of my life, was gone. Completely gone.

I was devastated. I'm not going to lie, I cried a little bit. In many ways music has been more a part of my life than any one specific person. But I decided right then and there that I would not let this stop me. Apparently every once and awhile Itunes saves a list of the tracks in your library and their information. It's in computer jargon, but you can still pick out each track name.

So now I am on a mission. I will not rest until every song, album, and artist is fully restored to my music library. It will be a long and treacherous mission; this I am willing to accept. But the reward will be more than worth it. Besides, how could I do anything else?

Also I randomly found this alternate version to The Strokes' song You Only Live Once, called I'll Try Anything Once. I love it. I personally think Jules has the best voice, ever.

The Strokes - I'll Try Anything Once


Found at skreemr.com



-Viv

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html