Friday, January 9, 2009

Tuesday and Friday

I am writing this on Tuesday, quite a bit early, because my computer broke.
So, my parents changed their minds. I might get a car some time around the summer or something. Better then than not at all. Well, then, I get to do things and work and stuff. Fun...
Still, my father laughed a lot at dinner when my brother whispered something in his ear. It turns out that my father wrote him a $39 receipt, acting as a sort of bank for my brother. Unfortunately, my brother actually managed to lose the receipt. My father said that this was his first banking experience and that it was a failure, using English terminology for "first banking experience" and "failure." I suggested asking for interest, but without the receipt, on cannot exactly collect it. My mother said my brother went to the wrong bank. My father was reading something not long after that, and he wasn't paying attention, so I reminded my brother that the banks closed early.

So, it is Friday now, and a day after an extremely emotional one. In the morning, my mother made me absolutely miserable, but it was nothing compared to the morning announcements. I hadn't received any news on Wednesday, with not much access to the Internet, and definitely no television-watching. The only really weird thing was my father coming home and talking about how the traffic was really bad on every which street on his way home from the Lab. My mother said something about a silver car on the news. I thought no further. So, the morning was definitely a shock. With the principal talking to us, I was thinking, "Oh gosh, I hope it's not anyone I know, because then, the people around me would be even more sad." Well, it was, and we were handed markers and paper and colored pencils and letters in third period. Throughout the day, whenever I wasn't completely focused on anything, my mind would wander to the dreadful day that almost everyone around me had to experience. I felt really bad inside for a reason that many other people probably didn't need to consider. I could not really pray for her because I do not believe in that stuff. However, if there really is a heaven, then I'm sure she must be there. It seems like the perfect place for her, though, not as perfect as having such a pleasant life on Earth... It was good to know that everyone was very respectful. But it was awful to see so many tears.

-Kejing

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html