Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Ownage State

Hey people. June here with another made-up-on-the-fly post and I'm improvising as I'm typing. My dad called me a jerk just now. Yay! (He was just kidding)

I've experienced what I allegedly call "The Ownage State" only a few times. It's a real rush and it seems I only experience it when I'm either playing a video game that requires an excessive amount of adrenaline or when I'm playing tennis. The ownage state is a state in which all safety switches in your body are off and you go all out with whatever you are doing for an extended or short amount of time, depending on what you are doing. Like for instance, when I am in the ownage state as I'm playing tennis, I always smile for some odd unknown reason and I feel invincible. I often win whenever I'm in the state.

Today I went into the state again ^_^. I played tennis today with Kejing and another friend (we will call this person John). There were two kids about our age, maybe younger, who were on the court next to us. My knees were hurting terribly today and the last thing I wanted to do was play a watch. Well guess what? The two kids came over and challenged John and me to a game of doubles! Yay.... We agreed. I asked them what school they came from and in turned out they were from a rival school which had an awesome tennis team. Repping our school, it was our duty to defeat these mighty foes... or semi-mighty. They were on the junior varsity so it was a junior varsity vs. junior varsity match. John and I took our win as easily as.... uh.... a fat man rolling down a hill? I terrible with analogies. The score was 6-1 Then they came up to us and asked us to play ANOTHER set. At this point, my knees were killing me and I could barely tolerate bending them. I reluctantly agreed again.

The second set was not so hot as the first. We took the first two games to make it 2-0 but then they got us with a come-from-behind lead and made the score 2-3. I was dragging us down, I was practically limping on the court if I didn't have to run, and my serve accuracy was declining. Bleh, I'm going to go into story mode! I'll name the two rival school players as WhiteShirt and OrangeShirt. Here goes:

"Wow, that was lucky," I thought as the ball passed by me. Mr. WhiteShirt double-faulted and allowed us a tie game with the score, 3-3. I wearily stretched my knees. They were throbbing and it felt like a doctor was giving me a reflex test over and over again. I tossed a ball to John for him to serve and glanced at my opponents. "We shouldn't have to live off their mistakes," I thought. "We should be slamming the ball down their throats. Argh! Stupid knees! Stop hurting!" I slammed the racquet down on my right knee and waited with painful patience for the intense throbbing to stop. A sudden calm washed over me. "No more," I thought. "I'm not giving them a single game. We're ending this now." Adrenaline rushed through my body. I never felt so alive. My fatigue melted away, the pain died down to a dull ache, a smile played on my lips, I was ready. John swiped a serve into the net and prepared to hit his second serve. He called out, "June, move back!"
"Not this time." I replied.
He gave me a look but proceeded with his second serve. It went in. WhiteShirt smacked the ball back and the ball whizzed towards John. However, I noticed that time seemed to have slowed down. The ball seemed a little too sluggish and slow.
John replied with a smash towards OrangeShirt. Then I saw saw it: the opportune moment, the opening on the court, and where my opponent was going to hit the ball to. Without thinking, I rushed over to where he was going to hit it. I saw his reaction. He saw me running but it was too late to change the direction of the ball. He struggled to change the course but failed. The ball swerved slightly off course to where I predicted it was going to go and at that, my smile turned into a wide grin. I reached out and blocked the ball sharply into the corner of the court. WhiteShirt struggled to return it but to no avail. One point to Team J&J (clever team name right?).
"I'm mad," I declared to the surprised John. The shot seemed to have lifted his spirits though. With that, we played.
The game ended with a score of 6-3. We didn't give them a single game.

I hope you liked my improvised narration. I'm too lazy to check for errors so let's end with: "Join us tomorrow for another exciting edition of the Sunday Caroline Post! Yay! I made her post sound like a newspaper ^_^."

-June

Random Question: Is the moon really made of cheese?

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html