Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Back and Pneumonia-Free

I just got back from the Inauguration, and I have to say it was amazing. I still can’t believe that when people say “the President” they’ll be referring to Obama. I don’t think I could really verbalize what I was feeling at the moment he was inaugurated, and I honestly feel a little weird blogging about it, so I’ll move on.

It was freezing though, and thankfully the Junior Museum and all of its glorious heating was available to the public or I might not have been able to go home with all of my toes intact. Every wall was lined with people, most of them dead asleep. It looked like a homeless shelter. A homeless shelter with millions of dollars worth of valuables on display.

That was also probably the longest drive I’ve had to endure in my life. Over 1,000 miles both ways, and only one shower in between. I’ve never been so happy to get home and wash my face. Thankfully with time the trials of the trip will fade in comparison.

Well, I’ve got a lot of makeup work I have to attend to.


Modest Mouse - Tiny Cities Made of Ashes


Found at skreemr.com



-Viv

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html