Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Oh Yeah, it's Thursday"

I just finished with my piano lesson, finally giving me a time to relax since 7 AM this morning. I was halfway through typing the URL to The Power Bloggers when asked myself who was writing today. " Oh Yeah, it's Thursday" rushed to me and I promptly signed and wrote this cute little anecdote which has take up a grand total of 68 words of space. Fantastic!

What to write about now? Well.. I could talk about how I attended our high school's 10th anniversary celebration and saw Mrs. Carlson for the first time since she retired. And I could mention how I took a picture with her, and gave her my email. And also, I could tell you guys that she's happy in retirement. Whoops.. I guess I just told you guys all that!

Well, I could mention how stressed I've been. Oh wait- that's what I talked about last week!

- Today is my sister's birthday!-

I could talk about anything, really. I could ramble, forming run-on sentences that go, and go, and go, forming new sentence that lead into newer fragments. that aren't quite. sentences. I could bore you by reciting what I could do. Wait a minute..


Life is reach a quality that makes my early childhood seem surreal. I wish the people who told me, when I was young, that that was going to be the easiest and best time of my life had found a way to make me understand and believe them. My childhood is slipping away as I grab a hold of responsibilities and opportunities. It's not that I don't want to grow up; I just want more time to do the kind of exploration that I used to do as a kid- but instead of searching for four-leaf clovers and inventing new Pokemon species, I'd dedicate my whimsical free time to more serious, interesting, and rewarding subject (like biology). See, already, just writing "biology" has caused my heart to flutter with panic as I remember the test I have tomorrow, my internship application, and any un-finished assignments. Life as a human being is tough. We were both cursed and blessed with the concept of self-awareness.

Okay, enough philosophy for one night. Enough Jonathan for one night.

I'm going to bed. Ha! No, I'm actually going to go study my ever expanding list of subjects to study.

- Jonathan

1 comment:

S, S, C & AK said...

Thanks for the shoutout Jonathan (and thanks for not mentioning my age...)!

Hope we get to see you soon :)

~SERC

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html